Saturday, February 28, 2015

Product Review: Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara

Hello and Good Day!

I bring to you today my first ever product review.  I knew when creating this blog that someday, I would like to start doing makeup and clothing product reviews; I had no idea that it would be this early in my blogging career.  But graciously, a friend of mine offered up a product that she loves and swears by, asking if I would be interested in trying it out and doing a product review.  I, of course, jumped at the opportunity to try something new.  I am always looking to shake up my makeup routine (when I find the time to put on makeup, that is).

A Younique Advertisement Photo


**First, before we go any further, I would like to say that while this product review involves a friend of mine and a product for purchase by her, I in no way, shape or form will include any dishonest information regarding my opinion of the product.  Any statement I make in this review about the product is my own opinion and overall feelings regarding its use.  If you read my review and decide you would like to try this product out, I will leave her information and link to the product at the end.**

Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara

Product Background:  The Younique brand is a line of makeup that provides a range of products for your eyes, lips and face.  It also offers tools and kits that include application brushes, a pencil sharpener, powder puff and cute carrying cases.  It is also a line that relies on the word-of-mouth and hosting parties in order to get their products to the customer (similar to products like Lia Sophia jewelry, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc,).
The product I am reviewing today is the 3D Fiber Lash Mascara that claims the following: 
"Our simple, three-step process combines Transplanting Gel and Natural Fibers to help create the appearance of incredible thickness and volume to your existing lashes.  Watch as your lashes transform into something you have only dreamed of!  The 3D Fiber Lashes are water resistant but easily wash off with warm water and facial cleanser at the end of the day."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The mascara involves a Transplanting Gel that has several different natural ingredients (water, beeswax, Brazilian palm glue, etc.) along with a few chemicals (iron Oxide, collagen, nylon, etc.).  The 3D Fibers are only one ingredient: 100% actual green tea fibers.  The website goes on to explain each ingredient and what it does to help the product perform up to their expectations.

Application: I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first when I first opened the two tubes.  At first glance, the transplanting gel looked like your average, everyday mascara.  The wand is good sized, and the gel inside is black.  And I mean BLACK.  But nothing out of the ordinary for mascara.  The fibers are what threw me off, though.  When you pull the small, thin wand out of the tube, it has a brownish hue, and it honestly just looks like a bunch of short hairs clinging to it.  The directions are to apply one healthy coat of transplanting gel and immediately following, apply the fibers.  Then apply another coat of gel on top to seal the fibers in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below is my natural lashes on the left; the right is the 3D fiber lashes.  I apologize for the bad photo quality.



The lengthening capability is unmatched from what I've experienced.  My lashes are difficult to showcase this way because I have a heck of a time getting them to curl.  Below is a view of the length.  It's important to note that this is just ONE application of the product.  This product, I believe, is definitely build-able by what the advertisement photos show.  I will have to keep using it and see how several coats will work.




You have to really work the gel and fibers through your lashes to avoid a spidery effect, but it's totally worth the little extra time to apply.  I learned to focus the fibers more so on the tips of the lashes rather than the roots; it kept the product from clumping.  After one coat, my lashes became so long that I could feel them brushing up against the inside of my glasses!  If I can get my lashes to curl properly, I know the effect will look even better.

The other thing I love about this product is the packaging.  The hard case is appealing to the eye, durable and sleek, similar to a nice eyeglasses case; perfect for dropping in your purse and carrying with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall, I like this product.  I think it's an interesting concept and a nice alternative to false eyelashes.  I will continue to use the fiber lashes and keep you posted on the build-ability of it.

If you would be interested in trying this product, I recommend checking out the following link for purchase: www.youniqueproducts.com/GraceHarden


Much Love,
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment