Saturday, January 10, 2015

Outfit of the Day - 1/10/15

Happy Saturday!  Today, we had the privilege of witnessing a friend's wedding ceremony.  It revolved around a beautiful couple in a just as lovely setting.  It was a classy casual type of day, so I went with a dressed up jeans look.  


This outfit was super easy to put together and fun to wear.  I started with a pair of dark wash, Lane Bryant trouser jeans (featured in my first OOTD post).  Then I chose my new black and white halter top that I found on a Deb Stores summer clothing clearance rack this winter.  To add some color, I paired the top with a red blazer I found at Goodwill.  And of course, I went with my trusty high-waisted belt for added definition.

Lane Bryant Trouser Jeans - FREE (gifted from my mom, who found them at Goodwill)
Grey Peeptoe Pumps Brand Unknown - $0.69 (Salvation Army 69 cent color day)
Deb Stores Halter Top - $7.49 (50% off already marked down clearance price)
Dress Barn 3/4 Sleeve Red Blazer - $3.99 (Goodwill)

I chose simple accessories since the print on the top is quite loud and already had gold sequins on the neckline.  I wore my wedding ring set and a Lia Sophia rhinestone heart pendant necklace.



I haven't worn much makeup over the last couple of months, so I wanted to do a dramatic, full-coverage look today.  I started with a clean, smooth base by applying Hardy Candy's Sheer Envy Perfecting Primer.  I used Maybelline's FitMe! liquid foundation in 110; this stuff is amazing.  Hands down my all-time favorite foundation.  It's silky texture and dewy finish is wonderful for my dry skin.  I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin, but it's great for dry to combination skin types.  

I followed that up with Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser concealer for my dark circles underneath the eyes.  I also used this concealer in my T-zone (forehead, down the nose, cupid's bow and chin).  I applied CoverGirl's Professional Loose Mineral Powder in 105 and did some soft bronzing to sculpt out and add warmth to my pale skin with NYC's Color Wheel Mosaic Powder. 



For the eyes, I had this idea for a sunset color palette after all of the beautiful sunsets we've been having here during the cold weather temps.  I used NYX Walnut eyeshadow for the crease and two shades of purple from the Hardy Candy 2014 holiday gift sets I purchased after Christmas.  I used a shimmery, bright purple for the lid and then followed with a matte, pale purple to blend the browns and purples together.  I thought it made for a nice effect.

I lined my lid using NYX Black Bean jumbo pencil and went over the cream liner with a black eyeshadow from NYX's Sex Bomb Femme Fatale palette using a fine point pencil brush to set the liner.  My mascara is the CoverGirl Lash Knockout Volumizing Mascara from Drew Barrymore's FLOWER product line.  This is the first time I've used the mascara, and I have to say I'm not impressed.  It came in a FLOWER holiday gift set that I bought this Christmas, so I thought I should give it a try.  It gets the job done, but it doesn't have near the volumizing effect as my Colossal mascara that I am absolutely addicted to.  Maybe if I built it up with more coats of mascara I would like it better.  I'll keep trying it out.

The lipstick I wore faded off after a few hours of wear, but I chose Maybelline's Red Revival lipstick for the base red color and added a glossy finish with NYX Black Label lipstick in Rose.

~~~~~     ~~~~~     ~~~~~     ~~~~~     ~~~~~     ~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed my second OOTD post!  See you soon!

Much love,
-Heather






No comments:

Post a Comment